There are thousands of different ways to make a broccoli soup, but…remember having tried some lentils? With broccoli and Mr Broko this creative recipe can be prepared: this winter be sure you enjoy the best and hottest dishes on the table.
This recipe of cream of broccoli soup is one of the most traditional culinary secrets of a country used to combat cold.
Servings: 3-4 people
Ingredients for the cream of broccoli soup with lentils
500g Mr Broko broccoli
1/2 cup red lentils
1 medium white onion
1 tbsp olive oil
6 cups hot water
2 garlic colves
Salt and pepper (freshly groun is better)
Preparation of the cream of broccoli soup
1. Grate the onion and minced garlic.
2. Put an earthware pot with oil on the heat, and skip the first few grains of garlic
3. Now add the grated onion and washed lentils.
4. Continue over a medium heat for 5 more minutes.
5. Its time to add the broccoli. Only use the florets for this soup.
6. Add cups of water, correct the seasoning and simmer for 30-35 minutes
7. Blend everything together until you have a creamy texture.
8. Return to the heat and continue cooking for a further 10 minutes.
9. If you like a spicy touch it is time to add the freshly ground pepper.
10. Serve you cream of broccoli soup with lentils as you like: garnish with small broccoli florets, using as a make shift plate hole, adorn with cream…remember you also eat with your eyes! Do not deprive yourself of your usually party meals.
Tricks for lovely cream pf broccoli soup
- If after passing the cream of broccoli in the blender the schools not once but twice, your cream will be thinner and your children will like it with more texture.
- You can still improve the flavour of the dish if you exchange cups of water for chicken stock.
- If you need your cream of to remain thicker, you can add some cooked potatoes before passing iot through the blender.
- Would you like your cream stick with a bright green colour? Add a few leaves of spinach to the dish, and see how it changes!
- If your need your cream of broccoli soup to remain thicker, you can add some cooked potato before passing it through the blender